- Students with more than 80% attendance in all classes and test score higher than 70 points can advance to the next level.
- Students with less than 80% attendance will be denied visa extension by the Korea Immigration Service.
- 3 counts of tardiness will be considered as one absence.
- Foreign students in Korean language training (D-4 visa) can have a part-time job after 6 months of stay in Korea.
(Getting any job without a permit is a violation of the Korean immigration law. Violators will be slapped with a fine of KRW 1 million for the first offense and will be deported for the second offense.)
- Application can be made by those with TOPIK Level 2 or higher and +90% attendance in the Korean language course
- A foreign student can have a part-time job after getting a permit from the Korea Immigration Service.
Foreign students, while away from their family, may figure in an accident or contract a disease during stay in Korea. As such, the medical insurance can be a great help in dealing with such situation wherein massive medical costs can be incurred.
- Foreign student insurance (from a local insurance company)
- Less than KRW 150,000 per year (as of 2018)
- National Medical Insurance (from the National Health Insurance Service of Korea)
- D-4 visa is required to attend the Korean language course of the International Education Service.
- D-2 visa is required to attend any course of KIWU.
- Switching to or getting a D-4 visa requires application for change of visa.
- A stay extension application must be made before the allowed period of stay expires - Otherwise, a penalty will be imposed.
|For extension of stay or change of visa||Foreigner registration ID||Part-time job||Remarks|
|Change of visa
|New application||Visa lost
|1 recently taken photograph
of applicant (3*4)
|Evidence of funds
to cover stay
(bank certificate of deposit balance)
|Letter of recommendation from academic adviser
(professor in charge)
(from high school, original)
|For Chinese only|
(Revenue Stamp Charge)
|KRW 30,000||KRW 30,000||KRW 50,000||KRW 20,000||KRW 20,000|